Tuesday 3 May 2011

So what's this all about then?

Hello there! Have you voyaged through the Bloggsphere and stumbled upon this page? Or have I shamelessly pestered you into reading this? Either way you deserve an explanation as to what this is all about.

I'm a 30 year old woman with a fantasy Chanel habit I have no way of affording. My husband is a Jungle DJ and producer so my music tastes are varied but heavy basslines are what get my feet moving. On Wednesdays I go Burlesque dancing as it's the only exercise where it's encouraged to wear high heels and full make up. I live in a fairly built up suburban area which I love, and enjoy a career in advertising with a national newspaper. I'm terrified of spiders, woodlice and earwigs.

So that's me.

Oh... I'm also learning how to be a beekeeper. A fairly vain, scared of most insects, jungle loving, burlesquing dancing, glamour loving beekeeper.

If you have any preconceptions that beekeeping is reserved for those living the good life, fitting it in between feeding the chickens and milking the goat then stick with me. Because my aim is share what it's like from the perspective of a young(ish) professional urban female. I'm fairly new to it so it will be a bit of journey of discovery, but if it encourages anymore unlikely city beekeepers to have a go then mission accomplished. Because bees are like water, It's not just nice to have them around they contribute to our survival and at the moment they need as much help as they can get.

2 comments:

  1. Big blog Mrs T! I've always liked bees... especially African Killer Bees;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone was going to make a Wu tang reference I would trust it would be Kingsize soldier of Dawn Raid lol.

    ReplyDelete